Thursday, August 24, 2006

cleaning K&N filter...

next up, cleaning my K&N filter....

first, i started to notice some petrol from my exhaust fume... this usually means my AFR mixture is rich... so, i checked my air filter whether its dirty or not... it is dark in color adi... further investigation shows that i've not been waching my air filter for a few months already....

previously, CK exhaust quoted me RM15 to wash the K&N air filter... since its a simply work, why not DIY??... in long term can save up some money as well...





instructions are at the back... looks simple...



first 2 step (cleaning the filter element with water and K&N detergent) i forgot to snap photo... so, here is the reoiling part....



after reoiling, reinstall back the filter...



done~!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Papa Goines said...

Might I enquire...what the part name for ur k&n filter...?

Only knows k&n pod type only :p

11:30 AM  
Blogger SkYwAlKeR said...

Papa Goines, sorry bro... i dont know mine is what model... coz i bought it second hand, it doesnt come with the box...

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home