Wednesday, September 01, 2010

tacho tacho tacho...

i could not recall when i bought this tachometer from JASMA... it has been on my desk staring at me collecting dust as far as i can remember...



initial purpose buying it was to replace my crazy OEM tachometer "which occasionally gets stuck at 3000 rpm"... my plan was to cut away the OEM rev counter and retrofit this aftermarket gauge into the meter cluster... however it is much harder than expected, as there are more complex PCB at the back in which i would want to retain using certain OEM indicators...

wiring installation was quite simple... there is only 4 wire from the harness... 2 12vDC, 1 negative and 1 signal input... signal input i tap from existing wiring from the socket behind... for iswara OEM socket harness, white wire is the rev signal coming from the ECU...



it has a preset warning shift light at 6500 rpm... the reading is accurate for now... only thing annoys me is that it is not clearly visible in day light...